What if you could more accurately predict your patients risk of colorectal cancer?

The geneType for Colorectal Cancer risk score integrates broad genetic testing with traditional risk assessment modelling to provide a highly accurate personalised – and actionable – risk prediction.¹

Most people with colorectal cancer have no significant family history of the disease.²

Around 30% of all colorectal cancer cases are due to a hereditary contribution, family history, or a combination of both. The other 70% of people have no family history of the disease and no hereditary contribution.²

Despite this, current risk assessment models focus on family history.¹

GeneType for Colorectal Cancer looks beyond family history – integrating genetic data with familial and clinical factors to more accurately estimate colorectal cancer risk.

 GeneType testing is simple

Step 1

Purchase your geneType test kit via this website or through your healthcare professional 

Step 2

Complete a simple questionnaire, spit in the tube provided and return both to geneType

Step 3

When your results are ready, you will be notified by our clinical partners, Elicity or Phenix Health (if you ordered online) or prompted to make a follow-up appointment with your healthcare professional (if you ordered through them)

Coming Soon

GeneType Multi Test

A combination of geneType tests for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes in a single test.

Know your risk of a serious disease to tailor a personalised prevention plan with your doctor.

Traditional prediction model + SNPs = significantly improved risk stratification¹

Integrating the SNP-based score with clinical models significantly improved risk prediction yield.¹

One report with actionable insights

GeneType reports are structured to make the results easy to interpret and communicate to a patient.

The geneType for Colorectal Cancer report includes:

 

  • snapshot of your patient’s 10-year and lifetime-risk scores
  • interpretation of what their risk scores mean in the context of your local guidelines
  • polygenic risk score accounting for the additional 45 SNPs that may influence their breast cancer risk
  • information about managing colorectal cancer risk factors
  • and the types of screening and interventions that may be relevant to risk category

Have your patients got questions?
We have answers.

If your question is not shown here, please contact us directly.

What will my GeneType for Colorectal Cancer results tell me?

Your results will tell you, based on genetics and other risk factors, your risk for developing sporadic colorectal cancer over two different time periods: the next ten years and in your lifetime. Your risk will be compared to the average risk for someone of your age, ethnicity, and sex. You and your healthcare provider can use this information to develop a personalized screening and risk reduction plan.

How does GeneType for Colorectal Cancer assess my risk?

GeneType for Colorectal Cancer combines several of your risk factors, such as age, family history, and your DNA markers, into one comprehensive risk assessment.

Is GeneType for Colorectal Cancer a blood test?

No. GeneType for Colorectal Cancer is a DNA test from a cheek swab. Your healthcare provider will rub the swab between your cheek and gums to collect the sample.

What are DNA markers?

“DNA markers” is a simple term we use to describe small differences in DNA between individuals. GeneType for Colorectal Cancer looks at DNA markers that have been scientifically proven to be associated with colorectal cancer.

What is a polygenic risk score?

A polygenic risk score (PRS) combines the effects of multiple DNA markers to rank your risk against that of the general population. While one or two DNA markers don’t have a strong influence on risk, many markers together can have a large impact. Your polygenic risk score adds up the effects of over 40 DNA markers.

Will insurance cover this test?

This test is not generally covered by insurance. Your ordering healthcare provider will discuss the cost of the test with you. A credit card authorization form will be included in the test kit that list the payment options.

Are you ready to get started with geneType?

The first step is to trial geneType at your practice.

Blog posts

References
1. Gafni A et al. PLoS One 2021;16(9):e0251469.
2.
Bowel Cancer Australia. Non-modifiable risk factors. Available at: https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/non-modifiable-risk-factors. Accessed November 2021
3.
Cancer Australia. Bowel cancer. Available at: https://www.canceraustralia.gov.au/cancer-types/bowel-cancer/overview. Accessed November 2021.

Keep up-to-date with our latest advances

Sign up to our newsletter to stay informed about our latest advances and how these could support you.

Accredited For Compliance With NPAAC Standards And ISO 15189