How to order
GeneType is all about taking the complex, and making it simple.
This test can only be requested by a medical practitioner who can order this test online.
Is geneType testing right for me?
GeneType tests are for adults who want to be proactive about their health.
By understanding your risks you can be confident about whether you need to integrate risk reducing strategies or screening to identify a disease early.
Early detection may even save your life. What could that mean to you and your family?
The first step is to speak with your medical practitioner as to whether a geneType test is right for you.
The Testing Process
1. Request geneType kits
- Login to the clinician portal and click Supply Orders
- Complete the form and submit the order
- You will receive your test kits in ~3 business days
2. Place an order
- Login to the clinician portal and click Create Requisition
- Select the desired test(s) and fill in the required fields
- Upload supporting clinical notes and any other supporting documents
- Electronically sign and submit the order
3. Collect the sample
- Saliva kits may be ordered through the clinician portal by clicking Supply Orders
- Follow the specimen collection instructions in the test kit
4. Mail the sample to geneType
- Saliva collection kits are mailed using prepaid priority postage
- For expedited shipping options, please contact us.
5. Receive the results
- Results will be available approximately 3 weeks from time of sample receipt
- You will receive an email notification once the results are ready
- View and download the report in the clinician portal